POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN PROTEIN ENGINEERING (M/F)
The Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology (IME) conducts research in the field of applied life sciences from a molecular level to entire ecosystems. Our interdisciplinary organization and laboratories encompass state-of the-art equipment, GMP facilities and facilities for complex environmental simulations. We engage in a wide spectrum of research and development services in our three divisions: Molecular Biotechnology, Applied Ecology and Bioresources.
A post-doctoral position is available in the Protein Engineering lab of Dr. Andreas Ernst, Fraunhofer Project Group Translational Medicine and Pharmacology in Frankfurt, Germany. We are developing next generation affinity reagents based on antibodies and alternative scaffolds for translational research. We use a structure-guided protein engineering approach in combination with a cutting-edge phage display pipeline. Our group is interested in developing early discovery leads targeting autoimmune disorders and cancer, and is embedded in a multidisciplinary environment at the Goethe University Hospital in Frankfurt. The unique scientific setting of our group enables the development of biologicals from preclinical ideas to clinical applications.
Your tasks will include
- Design and construction of combinatorial protein libraries
- Phage display selections
- Purification, biophysical and biochemical characterization of the selected affinity reagents
- Design and development of high throughput screening methods
- Supervision of technical assistants
- Presentation of results to preclinical and clinical project teams
- A PhD degree in molecular biology / life sciences
- Solid background in protein biochemistry and structural biology
- Hands-on experience with protein engineering, phage display and/or directed evolution
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with cell biology, immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation and fluorescence microscopy is desired but not mandatory
What you can expect from us
Our long-term research goal is to understand the details of how proteins interact in cellular context and how these interactions can be modulated in a therapeutic setting. We offer a highly interdisciplinary work place that fosters innovative thinking, creativity and initiative. Operating at the interface of early discovery and pharmaceutical development, you will have the chance to become an expert in translational research.
Payment according to TVöD pay grade (100%) EG13 (dependent on qualifications). Initial employment is limited to 2 years. The position is available immediately. The Fraunhofer Society is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse and broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In case of any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
Dr. Andreas Ernst
| Download |