Doctoral degree in Physics and in Philosophy
· Full Professor of Philosophy of Science and Medical Humanities, Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgico Specialistiche, Università di Ferrara
· Honorary Ambassador of the Technische Universität Münche
· Alumnus of the Institute for Advanced Study, Technische Universität München
· Former Director of the PhD program in "Foundations of the Life Sciences and Their Ethical Consequences", European School of Molecular Medicine (SEMM, Milano) and Former Director of the Biomedical Humanities Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Europeo di Oncologia (IEO, Milano).
· Core Faculty Member dell'ESO (European School of Oncology).
· President of the 'Società Italiana di Storia, Filosofia e Studi Sociali della Biologia e della Medicina' (BIOM)
· Member of the Accademia Olimpica Nazionale Italiana (AONI).
· Expert of the Common Service ELSI of Biobanking and BioMolecular Resources Research Infrastructure.
· Member or chair of several ethics committees both at Italian and European level and consultant of European institutions.
· His research interests are (i) public and individual decision-making, whenever ethical issues are involved; (ii) foundations of contemporary biomedical research and clinical practice.
· Series Editor of Springer Briefs on Ethical and Legal Issues in Biomedicine and Technology.
· His work is witnessed by 13 books (plus 12 books edited) and about 230 papers most of which in international peer reviewed journals
· Two new books:
o G. Boniolo, V. Sanchini (eds), Ethical counselling and medical decision-making in the era of personalized medicine, Springer, Heidelberg 2016
o G. Boniolo, M. Nathan (eds), Philosophy of Molecular Medicine: Foundational Issues in Research and Practice, Routledge, New York 2016