Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ubiquitin and Ubiquitin-like Signaling presso il lab di Huib Ovaa and Alfred Vertegaal – Leiden – the Netherlands
- 25 Sep 2018
Huib Ovaa and Alfred Vertegaal – Leiden – the Netherlands.
The Leading Fellows programme. Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC) takes part in the ‘Leading Fellows’ Marie Skłodowska-Curie program, specifically aimed at our region.
Candidates are invited to propose research projects exploiting their own strengths and the infrastructure and expertise of the host labs: https://www.lumc.nl/research/leading-fellows/
The final call within this program has 30 fellowships available, offering attractive working conditions for projects that last 24 months. We encourage motivated postdoc candidates to apply for a fellowship in the context of ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like signaling.
Ovaa and Vertegaal laboratories. The strength of our labs include the development and application of novel tools and techniques to profile cellular enzymatic activities associated primarily with ubiquitin and SUMO signal transduction. We combine biochemistry and cell biology with chemical synthesis in an interdisciplinary department. Using the novel reagents, probes and small molecules that we develop, we investigate ubiquitin and SUMO conjugation and deconjugation and their roles in cancer and infection.
The labs are located in the newly established department of Cell and Chemical Biology headed by Sjaak Neefjes at LUMC and are fully equipped for biochemistry, cell biology, chemical synthesis and mass spectrometry. The labs house multiple LC-MS(MS) machines, (MS-guided) purifiers, NMR, flow cytometers, light and electron microscopes and also operates its own ultra-high throughput acoustic dispensing-based small molecule screening station able to test 100,000 drug like molecules in a day. Website http://www.ovaalab.nl/ and http://www.lumc.nl/vertegaallab
1. Applicants shall not have spent more than 12 months in the Netherlands in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
2. Applicants should have obtained their PhD before the recruitment date and less than 60 months prior to the recruitment date on the 1st of May 2019.
How to apply
1. Contact Huib Ovaa (email: email@example.com) or Alfred Vertegaal (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Read the guide for applicants and instructions and fill out the application form: http://leadingfellows.eu/overview/documents-for-applicants/
3. Submit your application form (as one document, pdf format) prior to the call deadline of 12:00 PM CET 31st October 2018 by email to email@example.com
| Download |